Monday, November 30, 2009

Eggs in the Creek

From the book "Scouting the Divine" by Margaret Feinberg:

I remembered the geese in the barn, and how they were constantly walking around.
"What are they looking for?" I asked Lynne.
"They're looking for their eggs," she said.
"Where are they?" I asked.
"I threw them in the creek," she said.

My eyes bulged in disbelief. I couldn't help blurting out,"Why?"
Lynne's action seemed cold and cruel - a far cry from the gentle shepherd-woman who loved her sheep.

"Because they were infertile," she said. "They will never hatch. I need to get these geese back to their regular life. For three months they've been sitting on infertile eggs. The only way to get them back to the way they're supposed to be living is to take away their dead eggs."


What infertile dream am I sitting on?
What lies have I believed and am still trying to hatch?
Am I still looking for eggs that have been thrown in the creek?



No comments: